Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Notebook Shutdown / Hybernate without any warning

If your notebook shutdown or goes to hybernate without any warning then your notebook might be getting over heated and you should avoid using an overheated system as it might fry some other parts.

Please check your systems temperature with some software like speedfan and see if its under the operating range of your peocessor or not.

Generally speaking AMD processors have a much higher cutoff than intel as they become much hotter than intels.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zahid, my computer was doing this and so I took it into the computer repair shop. They said that they would open it up and clean the system. They then told me that my processor was overheating and it needed a replacement of the gel that keeps it cool?
    Anyway, I went back in and they said that they had fixed it but my computer does not switch on at all. When we plug it in, the power supply is not even recognised. Help! I do not know what to do. What could have happened? I would appreciate your help

    Thanks

    Raxona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. without having a look inside its very hard to say whats wrong
    but they might have replaced something with your system might not recognise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should try resetting your mobo...sometimes resetting helps

    ReplyDelete